Friday 1 January 2010

Review of the year (1)

Happy New Year!


As 2010 begins, I'm taking a few days to review 2009 on this blog. Today, ten places outside London visited:

1. An unexpected bit of the Eiffel Tower.
2. A chimney in Nantes.
3. A lost harbour and a lost village in Somerset.
4. A steam train from Paimpol.
5. A Pugin masterpiece in Staffordshire.
6. A secret Victorian garden.
7. A public toilet in Great Yarmouth.
8. A stunning facade in Lille.
9. A neolithic wonderland.
10. A taste of the past in Chichester.

Want to read more? Explore two very different parts of France with Invisible Paris and Minnibeaniste. Enjoy England through English Buildings and Unmitigated England, or get Lost in Manchester.

4 comments:

Minnie said...

You've already seen my post of New Year good wishes, Caroline, so I won't repeat them; but I'd like to add thanks for the pointers to these fascinating items on The Miscellany.
Thank you, too, for the hat-tip to mine. I shall enjoy having a further look at the other recommendations.

Minnie said...

PS Getting 404 error message when click on each of these links, I'm afraid.

CarolineLD said...

Agh, I knew there was a reason I don't normally draft these posts in Word! All corrected now - many thanks.

Minnie said...

Egg-sucking risks being run notwithstanding: perhaps continue to draft in Word but leave the links 'till the posts have been transferred into Blogger Edit prior to posting? Dunno - WordPress user, here. I find it works if I draft in (Abi-)Word then add links/pix after the text has been copied onto the publishing platform's edit page.
Anyway, pleased to be able to access/re-access the material: thanks!